School Daze

Through a strange twist of fate, I found out that my seventh grade teacher from my catholic elementary school in Virginia is a member of my ex-husband’s family. We found this out a few years ago at a funeral, which shows how small the world truly can be. I hadn’t seen Mrs. Ryan in more than 25 years until that meeting. Very surreal.


Well, Tim’s mom sent Mrs. Ryan a copy of Underlife, and I received the nicest note back from her. She’s very proud and has taken the book to school to show off (yes, she still teaches there). In her note, she writes: “See, all those years of diagramming sentences paid off!” Love it.


****


Again, I’ m in this terrible pattern of waking up at 4:23 a.m. exactly. Wouldn’t be so bad if I wasn’t staying up late to get things done. Ugh. My goal this weekend: in bed by 10:30 p.m.


****


I’m submitting my Massachusetts Cultural Council Artist Fellowships application today. Can’t believe I’ve dragged it out this long. I’ll feel much better when it’s in the mail. It’s due on Monday. Yikes!


****


Hoping to write two poems over the weekend. I’d hate to see January go by without penning something.


****


What are you doing this weekend?


Comments

Jessie Carty said…
so funny that she mentioned diagramming sentences! that is awesome!

Popular Posts