Working for the Weekend

Happy Friday, folks. So much for working late. I’m right back at it again today.


****


Nic Sebastian is at it again with her terrific Ten Questions series. This time, the focus is on Poetry and Technology. Amy King is first on the list with some terrific insights about how technology is changing poetry (or how poetry is changing technology).


Here’s the weekly schedule. I have an interview coming up in July:

Colin Kelley
Ren Powell
Chris Hamilton-Emery
Cati Porter
Ron Silliman
Sandra Beasley
Dave Bonta
January O’Neil
John Vick


****

I’m reading this Sunday with the Bagel Bards. Hope you can join us.

The Bagel Bards, a literary organization of Somerville, MA, will be reading at the Newton Open Studios event: 1 to 3PM May 16 at the Jewish Community Centers of Greater Boston--Newton Campus:

Leventhal-Sidman JCC
Location #60: 333 Nahanton Street, Newton Centre

Featured Poets:

Zvi Sesling
Ruth Chad
Barbara Bialick
January O'Neil
Lolita Polanski
Jack Scully

****


I wasn't sure about plans for this weekend. What I really want to do is rest, but with two little ones in the house, rest is not an option. So I’m doing the next best thing: hanging out with friends so the kids can play together and give me a chance to speak to the adults.


****
For a busy, seemingly unfocused week, I crossed a few things off the to-do list:

  • Made a few inquiries about readings for fall '10/spring '11
  • (This wasn’t on the list but cool indeed) I was asked to be on a panel for AWP D.C.
  • Started to plan a writers’ mini-retreat

Did not write any new poems but finished one I had been working on for weeks. Not a bad week. Not a bad week at all.

Comments

Popular Posts