Mass Poetry Fest Redux

This past weekend, the organizing committee organized a BBQ to celebrate the hard work and overwhelming success of the 2011 Massachusetts Poetry Festival. And one of the surprises from the afternoon included receiving this framed print of the Mass Poetry Festival's event poster with the signatures of most of the poets/participants. Way cool! This is especially satisfying because I commissioned the poster design. The print will hold a special place in my heart and on my wall.

In a few weeks, my fellow organizers and I will begin figuring out how best to do this next year. No dates have been chosen but the behind-the-scenes work will begin in earnest in August. My main objective is to come up with ways we can produce the festival more efficiently, without putting a strain on resources and volunteers.

Only a month has passed and I'm already talking about 2012. What the heck is wrong with me?

*smile*

Comments

Popular Posts