Post-

Today I spent a little time at my third home: Starbucks. I'm feeling eternally grateful that the kids and I had such a fun week with my parents. They left early this morning.

I'm also eternally grateful that my friend Steph took my kids and her kids to a place where there are big jumpy bounce houses so they can burn off some energy. Woo hoo! Moms rule!

****

While at Starbucks, I looked through all the poems I wrote in November/December. Out of the 32 drafts, I will be revising 25 drafts. Nice.

****

I bought or received lots of books in December. Some of my new must-reads for 2014:

Writing Poetry to Save Your Life and The Silence in an Empty House by Maria Mazziotti Gillan. Both of these titles are 2013 publications (the first is a craft book, the second is a poetry collection). Somehow, I missed that Maria has another poetry collection, 2013 release: Ancestors' Song. Wow! Talk about prolific. Maria is a force of nature.

The Daily Poet: Day-by-Day Prompts for Your Writing Practice by Kelli Russell Agodon and Martha Silano. Looking forward to starting this on January 1.

The Incredible Sestina Anthology, edited by Dan Nester. It lives up to its name.

Daily Rituals: How Artists Work, edited and with text by Mason Curry. Reading it now while I finish up Wild by Cheryl Strayed.

****

I love this article from Brain Pickings: "The Year’s Best Books on Writing and Creativity." It's a long read, but offers a detailed synopsis of each book on the list. I started 2013 reading the first book listed, Why We Write. Happy to see it made the top spot. Book #2,  Manage Your Day-to-Day: Build Your Routine, Find Your Focus, and Sharpen Your Creative Mind, is on my Amazon wish list.

So many books, so little time.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you for posting your wish list! I see that we have more than a few titles in common. May 2014 bring all sorts of insightful work through us. xo Jaci

Popular Posts