Confession Tuesday

Happy Confession Tuesday folks!



Here's the cover to Misery Islands. Pub date is early November. Yahoo!

****

I will be reading at this year's Dodge Poetry Festival! WOO HOO! Good lord, I am over-the-moon excited to be at Dodge this year. I've been an attendee since 1996, so you can imagine my excitement to be included with this amazing list of featured poets. Feeling very humble as I type this. Wow!

****

Should I end my post now? What more can I say? New book, Dodge Poetry Festival--life is good.

****

Listening to U2's new album. Download it for free from iTunes! LOVE. IT. Five years is much too long between albums.

****

With so much going on, I've felt a bit out of sorts. That's what happens to me at the beginning of every semester. So I've been experimenting with ways I can get more time out of my day. Specifically, I'm trying to get more poetry out of my day and not let everything else fall by the wayside. Here's what i'm doing.

1. Time Map. Have I talked about this? I map out my day, from 5:30 a.m. to about 10 p.m. At one time, I was the queen of the time map, but I haven't used one in a while. My friend, Jennifer, is using now so she inspired me to start it up again. My life is one big grid now, but it works for me.
2. Allot enough time. A colleague of mine, who works with students on time management, says in order to do an activity well, you need 1.5 hours to get into a proper rhythm. So as I make out my time map, I'm looking at gaps in the week where I can devote large blocks of time to poetry, specifically the Juno project. Now, that doesn't mean I can't write poetry whenever I get a few minutes. But it helps to know that while I may not get everything done, I'm less likely to let things fall through the cracks.  
3. Sleep. I've been waiting up at weird times at night, but I'm trying to make sure I'm in bed on the early side. I try to catch up with sleep when I can; and nowaadays, I make a point of slowing down whenever I can.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congratulations and good luck.

Popular Posts