Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, folks. After a bit of a break, it's good to be back. Share a little of yourself here and I promise to do the same.

I'm feeling a little like this today: partly cloudy. I'm in a but of a rut. A big part of it is grading and the work that comes with finishing up the semester. That will end this week. Unfortunately, I know that the only way out is through, so I'm going back to all of those strategies that help me manage my mood. Blogging is a big part of that.


Blogging gives me a chance to process what's going on with me in a creative way. Even finding the right photo cheers me up.


Since writing 30 poems in November, I haven't written anything this month. I'm sure that has something to do with my mood as well. This past weekend is normally the weekend I go Mendham, New Jersey for a writers' retreat with Maria Mazziotti Gillan and Laura Boss--but I didn't go this week. Part of me regrets not going.

Once I finish up my grading (and maybe even before that), I'll write five more poems to finish up the year with 52.


Congrats to Danielle Legros Georges on becoming Boston's second poet laureate! There seems to be a lot of buzz right now about a Massachusetts poet laureate. Hope it happens sooner rather than later.

Misery Islands is now available. Pick up a copy as a gift this holiday season!

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails