Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, folks. After a bit of a break, it's good to be back. Share a little of yourself here and I promise to do the same.


I'm feeling a little like this today: partly cloudy. I'm in a but of a rut. A big part of it is grading and the work that comes with finishing up the semester. That will end this week. Unfortunately, I know that the only way out is through, so I'm going back to all of those strategies that help me manage my mood. Blogging is a big part of that.

****

Blogging gives me a chance to process what's going on with me in a creative way. Even finding the right photo cheers me up.

****

Since writing 30 poems in November, I haven't written anything this month. I'm sure that has something to do with my mood as well. This past weekend is normally the weekend I go Mendham, New Jersey for a writers' retreat with Maria Mazziotti Gillan and Laura Boss--but I didn't go this week. Part of me regrets not going.

Once I finish up my grading (and maybe even before that), I'll write five more poems to finish up the year with 52.

****

Congrats to Danielle Legros Georges on becoming Boston's second poet laureate! There seems to be a lot of buzz right now about a Massachusetts poet laureate. Hope it happens sooner rather than later.

****
Misery Islands is now available. Pick up a copy as a gift this holiday season!



Comments

Popular Posts