Blizzard of 2015

I confess I hate snow. I hate winter.


This was Tuesday afternoon during the blizzard. When it was over, 27" of snow fell in our neck of the woods with more snow on the way today, tomorrow, Sunday, and Tuesday. I went out about 5 p.m. on Tuesday during a lull to remove what I could, and I felt like a failure for not doing more. But there's so much snow I thought, "Well, there's always tomorrow," and it just kept coming. We had two snow days this week--we got out lucky. Many schools systems have been closed all week. 

Some areas have close to three feet on the ground. Again I know we got lucky, but it doesn't feel like it when you see how much snow there is with nowhere to put it.

****

I'm grateful for the two days off with my kids. We've had a good time being couch potatoes; although, I don't think my son is keen on snow now that he's old enough to help shovel. The time off has also given me time to catch up on my PAD challenge. Thank goodness this month is almost over. 

****

Erin Dionne posted this recipe for snow ice cream. Haven't tried it yet with with new layers of powder on the way we have more opportunities to try it. *sigh*


Comments

Popular Posts