Get into the Groove


 
Hello and Happy New Year!

I am sitting in a Starbucks enjoying my vacation. That push to the end I don't count as vacation. It's holiday time and kid time, but not me time. I have the next few weeks to myself while the kids are in school, which means I can get things done pressure-free. Woo hoo!

****

I'm sitting in Starbucks watching a snow squall. Didn't think we'd see flurries today. Surprise!

****

The publications next to my venti hot chocolate are my most recent publications. I'm psyched to be included with so many friends and favorite writers. Feeling pretty lucky today. I received Poem-A-Day and Prairie Schooner on back-to-back days before the holidays, but APR came in the mail on Saturday. APR features new poems from Sharon Olds, so I'm thrilled to be in this issue (here's a link). What a way to start off the year!

****

I probably mentioned this, but Misery Islands won the 2015 Massachusetts Book Award in poetry! The ceremony is at the State House on January 12, and with any luck there should be a group of State Reps there. I'm thrilled because I get to take the kids, so this will be a special day for our little family.

Comments

Popular Posts