Confession Tuesday

If it’s Tuesday, it’s time for your confessions. Unburden yourself. We want you to “go there.” Share a little of yourself with us and we promise to do the same.

Happy post-Confession Tuesday! The Massachusetts Poetry Festival was a huge success!!

YES!!!!!!!

No major glitches. The weather was cool but not rainy on Saturday. Our volunteers were outstanding. The weekend really could not have gone better. I feel exactly as I did when Obama won his election … Yes We Can! It's rare that I get the opportunity to do something outside of my comfort zone--something larger than myself. I'm so very grateful to be part of the planning committee. Woo hoo!

From all accounts, the poets, musicians and presenters had a fabulous time. They really enjoyed spending time in Salem, eating in the restaurants, riding the poetry trolley, and spending time at venues such as the Peabody Essex Museum and the House of Seven Gables. It could not have turned out better.

****

I will post my top 10 festival moments tomorrow, with photos.

****

My only personal disappointment with the weekend is that my kids were unable to come out to see the festival. They would have enjoyed riding the poetry trolleys. But they spent the weekend with the dad. Would have been nice for them to see what mommy was working so hard to do these past few months. Oh well, maybe next year.

****

Now that the fest is over, I’m trying to pick up where I left off on my life: clearing off my desk so I can use it for something other than storage; shifting my full attention to the kids; figuring out what’s next for my writing life; and catching up on sleep and exercise. Would love to get away for a week or a long weekend at a writer’s retreat this summer. I feel I need to center myself again.

****

I really don’t know how to do nothing. Maybe I should give that a try for a while.

Comments

Thomas D said…
I'd love to confess, but I don't want to be first in line -- someone else, please, go ahead!
January said…
Dylan, I like that you read and confess every week. Thanks. :)
Thomas D said…
You're welcome, January!

OK, here goes -- I'm still listening to lots of really good music: John Tavener and Arvo Pärt. Oh, yes, and the Modern Jazz Quartet!

I haven't written a whole lot of poetry in recent weeks, but I have been to an open-mic venue where I read some of the older stuff.

Glad you enjoyed the Poetry Festival! (I couldn't make it, unfortunately.)
Susan Rich said…
January -- I'm still recalling my festival highlights and there are many. One of your next big poetry projects is planning your northwest tour. It will be great to have you here in October. Let's start talking dates. I confess I am happy to have you as my friend.
January said…
I confess I'm hopeful maybe we can arrange our schedules so we can see each other every six months!

Was so great seeing you on the East Coast. Now it's my turn to visit in Seattle.

Popular Posts