Recipes for Poets: How to Make a Crab Cake



Just thinking about this recipe makes me want to have crab cakes for dinner. Here’s my tried and true recipe. Thanks to Deb Ager at 32 Poems for putting out the call for recipes. Here’s my original post.

1 pound lump crab meat
1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
1 tablespoon of mustard
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
¾ cup of bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
A few sprigs of parsley, minced
1 teaspoon of Old Bay seasoning
A pinch of salt and pepper


DIRECTIONS
Combine ingredients in a large bowl. Mix gently and shape into 6-8 patties. Refrigerate the patties for 30 minutes, which will help them stay together when cooking (optional).

Fry until golden-brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Use about ¼ cup of oil (I mix vegetable and olive oil). You can also broil the crab cakes, too.

I have used canned and I have uses crabs that I have caught myself, from ocean to table, and both taste delicious.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts