Confession Tuesday

Happy Confession Tuesday, folks! This is the down 'n' dirty version. The "I haven't got time for the pain" version. The "I wish someone would smite me so this day will end" version.

Here we go!

I've been working at a frenetic pace these past couple of weeks getting ready for the Mass Poetry Festival. Fortunately, the new scheduling website has launched! The program book is being designed. The posters, flyers, and T-shirts are ready. The poets are coming. Now, it's just a matter of bringing it all together. 

Every year I fool myself into thinking I can coast into May, and every year I am sadly mistaken.

****

I originally wrote this post from Starbucks--my first Starbucks visit in two weeks. *Big Sigh* All day, I had planned to give myself two hours of alone time. But just like every day this month my plans have fallen through. It is really hard to make time for yourself with so many deadlines. 

I have a rule that I don't sit in a Starbucks unless I can devote a solid hour to writing one poem. Not today. I'm here for 20 minutes and I am blogging. It is what it is. After this little respite, I'm to take my daughter to her tae kwondo class. 

****

While I am still planning on writing 30 poems this month, I've only written one. In fact, I am judging the day 7 poems on Robert Lee Brewer's PAD Challenge yet forgot to post about it on Monday. How sad is that?

****

Finished my taxes today. Yahoo! One thing off the list. 

****

Quote of the day: "Take the time to write. You can do life's hard work in half an hour a day"

--Robert Hass  

Thanks, Danielle, for the reminder about what's important. 

Comments

Popular Posts