Confession Tuesday

Just go with it ...


Two words: head cold. I can work through a lot of things, but when the allergies I didn't know I had turned into a hacking cough and a head cold, that's all she wrote! I mean, literary, I have not been writing. (Am I using "literally" correctly?) I have not written a poem in a week.

****

While I wait on galley proofs of my second book, I'm working on manuscript #3. It's coming together. As I organize the work, I can see the holes. Fortunately I know how to fill them. So on a day like today, when my head is foggy from allergy relief medicine, I take the m'script out, shuffle a few pages, think I've written the worst thing ever, shuffle a few more pages, and then fold laundry.

****

Writers must be the only folks who will go through a bad patch in their writing. Whether it's a day or a week, we think will never write anything good again. After a bad day, I bet dancers think it was just a bad day.

****

Good article in The Atlantic on Frank O'Hara.

****

Have you seen the Dodge line-up? The list keeps growing!

****

Looking forward to the next five weeks of doing nothing but writing. Once the kids are out of school, however, that's when Summer O' Fun 2014 begins.


Comments

Popular Posts