Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, folks. Time for confessions. Share a bit of yourself with us and we promise to do the same.

Aaaah, Confession Tuesdays. I have missed you. This is the longest break I've taken from my regular Tuesday postings. What can I say? I needed the time off.

Robin Williams. Lauren Bacall. Maya Angelou, and countless others in desperate situations around the globe--this has been a tough summer for so many people. So many losses. Today I'm sending a little light and love to the families of those who left this earth too soon. 

This has been such a contrast for my family and me. We've had a great summer. Because my schedule is incredibly hectic nine months out of the year, I needed to step back and take care of myself. I needed the mental break--my kids needed their mom. And I have to say, this has been the BEST SUMMER EVER! 

Mission accomplished.


Now that August is nearly over, however, I'm feeling the stress of what's ahead creeping in. Back to meetings, grading papers, and spreadsheets. Also, I'm mentally gearing up to promote a new book--that's another story in itself. The key is figuring out the balance. I know things get crazed at certain times of the year, the key is staying ahead of the workload. But it takes a lot of creative energy to stay ahead and while I'm good at it, I'm wondering if there's a better way.

All this to say that I'm grateful for the blessings summer has given us. It is my favorite time of year because I am most myself. Does that make sense?

1 comment:

Nisha Sharma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.


Related Posts with Thumbnails