Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday folks. If it's Tuesday, it's time for your confessions. We won't tell a sole. Really, we won't.

I'm a bit out of sorts this week. The kids are away with their dad. Meanwhile, I am trying to psych myself up for September, which means getting back into some sort of group. My whole body is resisting, but I have a few days to myself to envision the next few months,

****

I managed to write a poem for my workshop. It's the first poem I've written in weeks, and it's heavily influenced by the events of Ferguson, MO. This summer seems to be a season on loss. Every time I turn on the news, it's worse than the day before. *sigh* Here's hoping things get better soon.

****

Last night, I stopped at our local farmers market to pick up a few things: one small piece of salmon, one ear of corn, a quart of cherry tomatoes, and honey. Feels as if I'm shopping for a single person.

Dinner was delish!

****

I have this sudden urge to read Galway Kinnell's poem, "When One Has Lived a Long Time Alone." Of course, I can't find the book of the same name. Maybe I have lived a long time alone? Or too long with kids.

****

Short but sweet today.


Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts