Confession Tuesday





Jiminy Cricket it’s cold! (Cold weather brings out the unused clichés in me.)

Negative 6 degrees, that was this morning's temp. Can you believe it? I can’t. While we’ve had maybe a two-day reprieve from snowy weather, an arctic blast has taken over like Elsa from Frozen. And tonight, more snow in the forecast. Shouldn’t be more than 6”, but at this point, any additional precipitation brings tears to my eyes.

****

Last night, I read at Trident Books in Boston with Brian Simoneau and Jill McDonough. It was a cold, cold night, which made for a small crowd. But it was so much fun reading with poets I truly admire.

****

Today I’m in the thick of grading, festival planning, and taxes. No writing going on now--by choice. I can’t bear to write another snow poem, but I’m ready to take out manuscript #3 and pare it down. What I need to do is start working early in the morning. That's tough because I’ve been so tired in the evenings. It’s a never-ending cycle, I tell you.

Just like the snow …

****

I’ve been so busy I’ve had to put a calendar reminder on my iPhone to make sure I do one thing every day that’s poetry related—for myself. If I don’t, my goals get overlooked.

****

So happy Maya Angelou is getting a stamp of her own. Very cool.

Comments

Popular Posts