Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, folks!


Last week I spent a few days with Kelli Russell Agodon and Susan Rich! It did my heart good to come out to Seattle for the WordsWest Literary Series and to visit Highline Community College for the day. I love them for many reasons, but mainly because they make things happen for their community. They are two of the brightest starts in the poetry universe; I'm privileged to call them my friends. 

If we lived on the same coast, I think the poetry universe would explode!

****

It's crunch time!

With the Massachusetts Poetry Festival less than two weeks away, all of my attention shifts to poetry. (Well, most of it. There's still grading to do!) My days are organized down to the minute so I don't leave behind any details. I'm also harder to reach, and I get extremely cranky. And, my kids are on spring break this week. Knowing that this festival is going to be pretty spectacular makes the next two weeks bearable. 

****  

Congrats to Greg Pardlo on winning the Pulitzer for his beautiful collection Digest! Couldn't have happened to a nicer person. And, how lucky are we here in Massachusetts that Greg will be at the festival on Saturday reading with Four Way Books!

****

Maybe the festival is making me a bit crazy, but I had a two embarrassing fails on social media yesterday. Ugh. And honestly, since I've come back into town, I've made some miscalculations with a a few folks in my life. Usually, I'm pretty good at reading people but lately I've been completely off. I mean spectacularly off of my game. I just don't have the time or patience for missteps so I'm crawling back into my emotional hole until May 4. 

****

Dear universe, 

I'm all set with life lessons for a while. 

Thanks! 


Comments

Susan Rich said…
My students are still quoting you -- like January O'Neil said... They LOVED you. And just fyi -- we are now a full-fledged college with 4 B.A. programs including one of the best Forensics degrees in the country (the woman running it came from MIT).

And if the East coast doesn't treat you right, you've got a home in Seattle. It was a true pleasure!
January said…
Wonder if I'd have better luck on the left coast.

Great visiting with you, Susan. I feel lucky to have you as a friend. XO

Popular Posts