The Power of Three




(Me, Writer Bug, and Boston Erin being goofy for the camera!)


Every few weeks I find myself in the company of these extremely accomplished women. They are my touchstones. Okay, they inspire me to keep moving ahead with my goals, and are great sounding boards for my half-baked ideas. Truth is, without this community of women the work wouldn't be nearly as much fun.

So after a productive and fun meeting of the minds, it's time for a new to-do list to carry me through to the end of the month.

  1. Write three poems (psyching myself up for National Poetry Writing Month in April)
  2. Send manuscript to one publisher
  3. Enter manuscript in this contest
  4. Enter poem in this contest
  5. Plan new reading series with Boston Erin
  6. Write Poetry Thursday column
  7. Finish research for upcoming Poetry Thursday stuff
  8. Look up resources for state grants and scholarships
  9. Send out poems to two journals

I know that if I don't write it down I'll never do it. Gosh, I could complete an item a day and finish the list by the end of the month. My list seems a little publishing heavy, but next month I will be writing a poem a day and that's where I want to keep my focus.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Morning January, just wanted to say hi.
GreenishLady said…
How brave to publish your lists like this! Mine have a fairly consistent rate, day-to-day of being half-accomplished, but if I didn't make them at start of day, maybe nothing would get done! Best of luck with it all... And the great spirit of companionship shines out of that picture. Lovely!
Anonymous said…
You two make me look good, I swear.

One for all and all for one!
angie said…
Aren't you guys cute. More power to you! I admire your drive, girl.
Anonymous said…
Such an awesome list - I'd be proud to get like, one of those things done (being a Cappy, though, I'd try for alllllll). Good luck with Tupelo...out of curiosity, which publisher are you thinking about? No pressure to share if you'd rather not.

Looking forward to NPM and a poem a day as per your last column, AND what you'll say in the next!
Writer Bug said…
Who are those lovely ladies?? :) Thanks for posting the pic--and for the fun lunch! You guys really are a wonderful inspiration.
Kay Cooke said…
You go girl -as Oprah would say - or said. (Or something!) I love the photo! Somehow I can just hear all your excited chatter - and it makes me smile.
What great goals - you amaze and astound me with your boundless energy! All the very best of the best for achieving them - I just know you will.

Popular Posts