Snow Day

“Oh, the weather outside is frightful …”

It’s snowing here in Eastern Massachusetts. Fortunately, the college decided to let us out early. So not only did I leave work before noon, I was able to stop at Starbucks to get a little writing done.

Haven’t been blogging much this week because I’ve been tightening up my manuscript. So no new poetry this week, but I have been tapping into the local poetry scene.

This past Wednesday I was able to attend a reading with poets Danielle Georges and Richard Wollman. It was held in a gallery, which is such a nice space to hold a reading. And Richard is a sculptor, so it was only fitting that the reading was held in a space for artists.

Now that my revisions are in, back to blogging—and a to-do list.

  1. Get back to writing poems! At least two this week.
  2. Work on upcoming NEWS reading series dates with the fabulous Ms. Dionne!
  3. Start working on second manuscript. No resting on laurels for me. I have enough poems for a book, but I need to revise. Also, I want to write a series of poems for this collection.
  4. Send out poems. Haven’t done this in two months so I think it’s time.
  5. Clean desk/get organized.

The Academy Awards are this Sunday. This is my Super Bowl! Will post my Oscar picks this weekend.

What are your plan this weekend?

Comments

Popular Posts