Black Friday



The picture was taken at my local Target around 11 a.m. As you can see, no lines, no waits.

After yesterday's Thanksgiving feast, I decided not to go out this morning before the crack of dawn, even though I was awake. Instead, I looked at all of the circulars, checked my e-mail for coupons, and visited online retailers to comparative shop. And when it looked as if I could knock out most of the kids' Christmas items in one swoop, I jumped at the chance. Besides, I love shopping in crowds.

To my surprise, it wasn't that crowded. The only place I would not recommend going is Toys-R-Us. Save the anxiety and shop online. I walked in, looked at the lines trailing to the back of the store, and walked out. Besides, I found everything I was looking for at Target.

This year, Tim and I are putting an emphasis on the joy of the holiday season by de-emphasizing toys and gift giving. We don't have a lot of money to spend, nor do we want to. But, I do like a good sale. I did so well that I'm halfway done with my holiday shopping.

Comments

Ananda said…
i totally feel you. i rested today. happy thanksgiving.
Goodnight, Mom said…
I went out today. Did go to Toys R Us. No lines but the store was so packed it made it impossible to move. That was miserable and I only stayed about 15 min, long enough to secure the three toys I went after. As for Target, NO LINES AT MY TARGET either!!! So strange!
Collin Kelley said…
Target is my favorite store. If I don't buy it online, Target is always the place I go.
Kay Cooke said…
Waaaah! I still have to start my Xmas shopping .... I like leaving it to the last minute sometimes as it makes for an exciting, buzzy time. Maybe I will regret that tho come the time!
I can always find something I want to buy at Target, which is why I avoid it like the plague.

Mere and I have agreed to give each other the gift of cleaning and organizing the basement for Christmas. Romantic, ain't it?
Catherine said…
I haven't started Christmas shopping yet but it will be fairly low key this year. I have a post on my blog about traditions which discusses our Christmas stocking tradition.
With five children though, who didn't destroy their toys much, and weren't into the latest branded items, we accumulated such a good supply of hand down toys (such as Lego) that it was hard to know what to get them sometimes.

Popular Posts