Confession Tuesday

Welcome to Confession Tuesday, folks. Time to fess up! Share a little of yourself with us and we promise to do the same.


I started to update the Blogger template for the Poet Mom blog, but I found myself getting anxious looking through the new designs. I can appreciate change, but I really like the dots. I did, however, figure out how to create pages in Blogger (but don't bother clicking on them yet, still working on content). Baby steps!


****


Even though the blog makeover has been on my to-do list, I have used it as an excuse not to work on my manuscript or apply for a fellowship due at the end of the week. Procrastination? Table for one.


****


Revising a manuscript is like getting a deep tissue massage: it hurts like hell, but you feel better for it in a few days. Hmmm ... at this point I would prefer (and would appreciate) a deep tissue massage.

I'm into the nitty gritty: tweaking individual poems, making slight adjustments to the order, and creating the front and end matter. The Misery Islands poem still needs some attention. But right now the manuscript stands at 50 poems. My hope is to finish it up this week, and then send to a few more poets for review. The goal: to finish manuscript #2 by November 1.

****


After this week is over, I'll be able to devote myself to writing poems again. I miss writing and posting my drafts on the blog. Heck, I miss writing for the sake of writing. Hope to get back to that very soon. Sleep--that's on my list, too.


****


As I read this, I realize how focused I've been. But I also feel very overwhelmed--in a good way--by the amount of work I need to do. At the same time, I've never been happier.

Comments

Popular Posts