Confession Tuesday

It’s Tuesday … time for you confessions. We want to hear from you. Share a little of yourself with us and we promise to do the same.

Yesterday, I caught a rebroadcast of the Oprah Winfrey Show on satellite radio. In this segment, probably a replay of the show's finale, Oprah was telling her audience, “Your life is whispering to you. What is it saying?” After commemorating the 10th anniversary of 9/11, and approaching what would have been my 10th wedding anniversary on 9/15, I’m quite certain I can’t hear what my life is saying right now.

They say (OK, Oprah says) your life will give you clues to whatever direction you are supposed to move toward, so I’m watching and listening. It’s hard to hear when everything is shouting at me at once. Too many opportunities and options.

****
I'm looking forwards, not backwards.

****

Back to Sunday. I read an original poem in a church on Block Island as a part of a 9/11 remembrance. It was certainly a solemn day, but in the sermon, we were reminded that there is much joy in the world. My poem touched on life on the island, and how we are a part of something greater. Not sure if I want to post an occasional poem. But I was happy to lend my voice to the day, and to include my kids into this part of my life.

****

While Hurricane Irene delayed my trip to Block Island a few weeks ago, I believe I was supposed to be in that church on that day for a reason. Sometimes my life speaks to me and I do listen.

****

Block Island in September. Vermont and Seattle in October. I am thankful for the opportunities that poetry has opened up for me.

****

Mini to-do list
  • Re-order poetry manuscript
  • Send manuscript out for review
  • Write two articles
  • Write a poem a day—pick up where I left off
  • Clear desk/get organized

(My desk has been shouting at me for months!)
****

The Massachusetts Poetry Festival is looking for proposals for the 2012 festival, April 20-22. Visit the website for more information. Deadline is December 1.

****

Happy Tuesday, folks. Hope your life is speaking to you.

Comments

Popular Posts