Confession Tuesday

Super Tuesday = Confession Tuesday!

Share a bit of yourself and we promise to do the same.









I left the house with two different shoes this morning. After this post I have to rush home to change shoes in time for my meeting with the mayor of Salem. *sigh*

****

I am overwhelmingly busy. Still learning how to split my time between teaching and planning the Mass Poetry Festival. I think I'm in a good spot with my teaching--as long as I can keep up with the grading, I'm in good shape. Mass Poetry, however, needs a lot of attention now. It is sapping all my energy and I'm having a hard time relaxing, much like last year.

There's a part of me that has to give into to the process. I have to let go. I have to accept that "it is what it is." This is the job for the next six weeks. No balance. Little sleep. But things are getting done. Everything will be fine in the end. If an email is not sent out today, I can always send it tomorrow. And when the festival happens, it will be spectacular! My job is to make it all look seamless.

Deep breaths and playing with the kids helps.

****

All of this makes me very reactionary. For instance, I managed to send my NEA and Bread Loaf applications the day they were due. I hate being so last minute about important stuff. Thankfully, the apps are out in this golden time between acceptance and rejection. It's like a gloaming for writers.

****

Not sure if I used gloaming correctly but I'm sticking with it. This from the person wearing mismatched shoes.

****

I have so much to tell you. Will get to recaps about weekend events with Poetry Out Loud and the Tannery Series reading soon.

****

Happy Super Tuesday, folks.

Comments

drew said…
Oh, that picture is priceless.

And your honesty is endearing.
January said…
Thanks Drew. :) Hope you are well.
Thomas D said…
Here's a confession: Yesterday I voted in the (mea culpa!) Republican presidential primary.

OK, that's my sin: What's my penance?

Popular Posts