Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday! Time to confess. Share a little of yourself and we'll try to do the same.

This is the "I just tried to post about basking in the glow but had a major Blogger fail" second edition of Confession Tuesday. This is the "end of day and I need to get the heck out of dodge" edition.

And so, let us begin.

****

Yes, I am still aflutter from Joseph and David's wedding. It was absolutely lovely. And when I think about how I could have missed it because of my own issues, I feel petty and small. Glad I didn't. Glad I could bear witness. It was the perfect wedding. Couldn't ask for better weather. And it was the first time I had been dancing in years. (Yes, years! *sigh*)

Do you know what saved me from becoming a blubbering idiot? Being surrounded by friends and family. Chatting it up with poets I love and admire. The promise of drinkypoos (and there were many) with Suzie, Kristi, and Jon. Truth be told, I couldn't have made it without them. So much love in the air it carried me through.

****

Legalize love.

****

After a full day of teaching and grading papers, I am off to hear Mass Poetry Co-founder Michael Ansara read his poetry tonight in Somerville. I don't think I've ever heard him read his poetry in public, so I'm really excited to see him on a stage.

****

As for the writing, the poems are there. I just need to find the time to get them on paper. They will wait for me ... I hope.

Comments

Popular Posts