Confession Tuesday

If it's Tuesday, it's time for your confessions! Share a little of yourself with us and we promise to do the same.

First day back in class and I am wiped out. This is my long day, three classes. Whew! I'm exhausted. And congested. Ugh.

****
Thanksgiving killed any hopes for catching up on my PAD poems. But I have been writing all along and I feel as if I'm still in a groove, which feels great! This is good momentum going into December, when I will go away for a weekend in Mendham, NJ, for my annual poetry workshop weekend with Maria Mazziotti Gillan and Laura Boss. So looking forward to the break. By then, classes will be over, grades turned in, and Christmas on the horizon. I need this weekend like plasma.

****

My poem, "The Blower of Leaves" is in the new issue of Ploughshares!! My first time in the journal. When I first moved to Boston, I was a reader for Ploughshares for about half a minute. It's taken me 13 years in get in print! So many terrific writers in this issue, including Afaa Michael Weaver. Very cool.

Woo hoo!!

****

I am backed up on my reading. Lots of new collections and journals to go through. I'm trying to read a few poems a night so I can get through my stack. I always feel wealthy when I have lots of books around.

****

Congrats to all the NEA recipients in poetry.

Comments

Popular Posts