Lady Madonna



Book Selfie. This is what happens on a Saturday when the kids are playing outside and I have a few minutes of free time. 

****

Update: I took the book selfie photo five hours earlier. The kids' play date just ended. Actually, my son and his friends did something pretty wonderful today. They've been really into the rainbow loom bracelets. Well, a group of them (all boys) set up a stand outside of our house and sold bracelets to raise money for breast cancer research. I'm the one reminding them it's November, it's cold outside, and our street is not that busy.

They made $46 in two hours. 


I am so proud of Alex and the boys.

****

PAD Challenge poems: 12 (it's day 16). Would like to carve out enough time to revise. Maybe tonight. I expect the kids to fall out after dinner.

****

Current reads: Cheryl Strayed's Wild and Nin Andrews' The Book of Orgasms. Loving both books--excellent reads.

****

In The Beatles song "Lady Madonna," Saturday is the only day not mentioned. Why is that?

Lady Madonna, children at your feet
Wonder how you manage to make ends meet.


Comments

Popular Posts