Kibbles and Bits

It's 4:43 a.m. Can't sleep. So I'm up writing and listening to an older interview with Mark Doty on New Letters on the Air ( Download it on iTunes).

****

I've been thinking about the notion of process, and how it evolves. It changes according to where I'm needed most. This week I've been able to write in short spurts, an hour before class, 45 minutes at Starbucks before picking up the kids. On the days I don't write, I get in some exercise. So for now, the process is holding.

****

No poems in January--I blame the polar vortex for that. Instead of poems, my attention turned to getting my classes off the ground. But I was able to revise and send out, so the month wasn't a total loss. Although it feels like a lost month. Maybe this is the nature of process: adaptability.

****
My kids and I watch the show "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," a watered-down version of the Marvel Universe. Anyhoo, there's a phrase used over and over: "trust the system." I'm trying to trust the process.

****

Today's temp will be near 50 degrees. You know it's been a cold winter when 50 feels balmy.

Comments

Popular Posts