Confessions

After a week of Mass Poetry Festival planning in overdrive, no fewer than six (not one, not two, not three ... but SIX) rejections, and back-and-forth changes on my next book cover, I'm finally able to share some good news. A drum roll, please ...

I have been invited to be a part of the Dodge Poetry Festival lineup!!! Here's the full schedule.

Woo hoo! If you could see me doing backflips--you would be delusional because I don't do backflips. Just the metaphorical kind.

I've been attending Dodge since 1996 when I was in grad school at NYU. The festival is every two years and I've not missed one. (Now that I think about it, my kids were born in odd-numbered years and Dodge happens during the even-numbered years. No reason not to go--ever.) This year I will be on stage--I get butterflies just thinking about it.

*Big Smile*

****

I am in NYC on a beautiful April afternoon. If I could have stopped on the Henry Hudson to take pictures of the cherry blossoms, I would have. Tonight, I'm attending the Academy of American Poets' event Poetry and the Creative Mind. (Thanks, Nicco, for the tickets!) Bought a new dress and slammin' shoes for the occasion.

Pictures to come. Kinda hoping for a selfie with Tina Fey or Meryl Streep! Hey, a girl can dream.

****

Sitting at Starbucks. Taking a few minutes for myself before doing a bit of festival work, and then swanky cocktails with Joseph Legaspi.

*Breathe*

****

Today is Poem in Your Pocket Day. What's in your pocket?

Me? My poem is Tess Gallagher's "I Stop Writing the Poem."

Comments

Kay Cooke said…
WOW! Janz that is incredibly massively wonderful news! Many many many congratulations.

Popular Posts