Confession Tuesday

It's the last (Confession) Tuesday of the year. Share a bit of yourself with us and we promise to do the same.

 

This is my last visit to Starbucks for 2014. I managed to squeeze in a few minutes between a kids' sleepover, play dates, and afternoon basketball practice. Heck, I'm just thrilled to do a Tuesday post on Tuesday.

****
In my Poetry Action Plan post, I talked about these guiding ideals for less stress:

  • Laugh more
  • Love more 
  • Save more 
  • Stretch more
It almost feels like a cliche to talk about finding balance and telling stress to take a hike. Everyone's too busy. Everyone's overextended. This is the new normal. Most of the time I can handle the pressure, but when it affects my home life or my writing life, it's time to slow down a bit. The idea of making a conscious effort to do these things seems silly. I mean, how hard is it not to check email or stay in the moment when it really counts?

Turns out, it's really friggin' hard for me.

Whenever I make these resolutions, the ultimate goal is to make the actions as routine as breathing. If I need to do it in an obvious or public way to accomplish it, so be it. 

****

I will finish off the year with 48 poems, unless I find enough time to finish three drafts and write two poems. Probably not going to happen. It's not about the quantity, it's the quality. But who knows, I'm up for the challenge. I'm looking forward to next week, however, when the kids are back in school and I can find a little time to get back into the swing of things.

Happy New Year, folks!


Comments

Popular Posts