Kibbles and Bits

Here's a picture Ella snapped of me yesterday. Decided to put on a dress as a change from jeans. In Mississippi, it was 73 degrees and overcast. Today, 80 and sunny. I'll take it. This is 30 degrees warmer than my home in Massachusetts.

****

There are worse places to shelter. Not a day goes by that I don't feel an enormous sense of gratitude. And yes, it's time to think about moving back home. We're ready--almost.

****

Blogging keeps me limber. Gives me something to do in between binge-watching episodes of Chicago P.D., and 30 Rock with my daughter. It's also a good way to open up my brainspace to poems.

****

I'm participating in two writing groups for National Poetry Month. Pandemic poetry seems to be a theme in both. Truth is, I have been writing fairly consistently for months. It has certainly ramped up the last three weeks after I broke up with my boyfriend.

****

Yes, I had a boyfriend. The pandemic sped up our ultimate end. But it was all good. All joy while it lasted. 💗

****

Yesterday, I FaceTiming with Susan Rich, who asked me about my trip to Nigeria last year. Seems like a world away when I traveled with an international educational program to teach creative writing for a week.  I was lucky to go with a group of talented, experienced writers. That was the scariest thing I had every done, traveling so far from home without my kids. The trip--which was amazing--told me that if I could do that, I could do anything: move to Mississippi, write another book, and date again.

****

I wholeheartedly believe that anything is possible. And while I don't know what's around the corner, I do believe we'll get through this. Slowly.

Comments

Popular Posts