CALLING ALL POETS: 1,000 Inaugural Poets Project

Great idea, Brett!

January 20, 2009 Inauguration Day poetry events across the country.

If there isn't a reading scheduled in your area, set one up at a library, cafe, art center, or anywhere you can get, invite all poets. Put up a bunch of flyers, notify local media, get word out.

Every willing poet is asked to write an original "inaugural poem" for President Barack Obama and read it for the first time anywhere at your nearby Inauguration Day Poetry Event. The most debut poems at a single time in the history of the world.

Please pass the word.


Most of us are still suffering from the post-election blues. But what a way to kick off this new era in our democracy by reading poetry inspired by our new president. I really hope this idea takes off, so if you decide to host your own event, please let me know.

I'm trying to start something in my neck of the woods.

Comments

Lori said…
This sounds terrific; I will check to see if there are any in my area and if not I'll look into getting one started. I have left an award for you at my blog. Thank you for your constant inspiration!
Odessa said…
sounds like a great idea! i'm sure SF has one, i'll look into some websites later. thanks for the heads up!
Deb said…
Me, too, me, too.
Will RWP & FB it, too.

Popular Posts