- Denver, baby! Just wanted to say that.
- I'm in the Mountain time zone but my body still runs on East Coast time. Ugh. I'm feeling it today.
- I slept two hours last night, which means I've slept about seven hours in the past three days.
- Easy flight out. Wrote two poems on the plane, so I'm all caught up with my NaPoWriMo poems.
- Had a nice lunch with a friend from college. Haven't see much of the city but I really want to take pictures of the beautiful vistas. Will make a point of getting out and surveying the area later this week.
- This is the set-up day for the conference. Vendor are unpacking their wares for the book fair, which looks massive. I checked in, got my badge and schedule for the sessions. Not much else to report.
- I hope to get caught up on your blog comments and visiting blogs this weekend.
Tonight, I'm going to the Cave Canem/Kunidman reading. Here's the info. Stop by and listen to some terrific poetry.****
Cave Canem & Kundiman Reading & Salon
at the Mercury Café: an AWP Off-Site Event.
Featuring Toi Derricotte, Cornelius Eady, Paisley Rekdal, Oliver de la Paz, Dawn Lundy Martin & Kazim Ali, and a salon featuring Cave Canem and Kundiman fellows and family (bring a poem to share!).
Emceed by Ching-In Chen and Tara Betts.
Wednesday, April 7, 2010 – 8 p.m.
The Mercury Café
2199 California Street
Denver, CO 80205
$3 suggested donation to benefit Cave Canem and Kundiman (no one turned away for lack of funds).