Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, folks! Time for your confessions. Share a bit of yourself with us and we promise to do the same. Don't forget to say hello to those doin' time in The Confessional (see sidebar).


I confess that it's just after 5 a.m. and I love this time of day. Not a creature is stirring, not even my children, who have freaky super sensitive hearing. They will get out of bed up whenever they hear me typing. Yes, their hearing is that good.

****

Here I go again: I'm starting to slip back into a pattern where fall asleep around 8 p.m. after the kids go to bed, then wake up at midnight with the television on and nothing accomplished. I must take better advantage of my waking hours. Needless to say, I'm a little tired today.

****

I confess I still haven't finished reading Eat Pray Love, even though I love the book. Sadly, it's been on my nightstand for more than a year. I just haven't made reading fiction a priority. But, I do want to complete it before the movie with Julia Roberts is released. I worry that she will ruin the story with her Julia Roberts-ness. Ugh.

****

I've worked on a few things, but I haven't completed a poem I've liked in a while. And yet, I feel like I'm in this nice creative groove. It's a weird contradiction for me. I'm not producing but I'm in a good space nurturing other needs, I guess. All part of the process, right?

****

This week's poetry to-do list:

  1. Write 3 poems
  2. Continue to work on second manuscript
  3. Finish Eat, Pray, Love
  4. Catch up on things people have asked me for but I haven't done yet (4 items)

Since my time is limited, I'm really trying to focus in on what's important rather than getting hung up on the small stuff.

****

I love love love summer. Heat and humidity? I say, "Bring in on!!!"

Comments

Popular Posts