Confession Tuesday

Happy Confession Tuesday, folks. Share a little of yourself with us and we promise to do the same.


What is in the shadow box frame, you ask? It is a tortilla chip shaped like Emily Dickinson! We discovered it over a group lunch, I think, back in May after the Mass Poetry Festival. For some reason, my friend Lis framed it and gave it to me as a gift to commemorate the start of fall classes. Looks as good as the day it was found. I'm surprised she kept it for so long.

The likeness is striking.

I wonder is there's any kind of preservative on the chip? What happens to a chip over time? Which will loose its crunch faster, the chip or me? Check in at the end of the semester to find out.

Thanks, Lis. Very cool. Best. Gift. EVAH!

****

Speaking of wilting, I am exhausted after Day One back on campus. I should mention that I went to the gym then mowed the lawn before going to campus at 10 a.m. No teaching today, just meetings and class prep. I'll teach four classes Wednesday. Then later I went to my writing workshop.

When I got home tonight, I laid down at 10:30 p.m. and couldn't move. Then I remembered my day started at 5 a.m.

****

I have a new poem in Rattle! And while I'm excited about all the journals and sites that publish my work, I'm thrilled to be in their single parent issue. I'm touched by all poems and stories in this issue. Rattle has a print and online version, so I encourage you to support them by picking up a subscription or downloading the ebook.

****

Sent out my Sustainable Arts grant application just under the wire. Procrastination, anyone?

****

Sunday night I sent out a few submissions, one of which to Beloit Poetry Journal. About 14 hours later, I got a rejection. Yikes! I know they are quick to reject, but gosh. Couldn't they have waited until after Labor Day?

Comments

Popular Posts