Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday folks. Happy first Tuesday in November. And, happy Election Day in the U.S. Share a bit of yourself with us and we promise to do the same.

It is day 5 of the November PAD challenge and already I am down by two poems. The three I have written are questionable.

You may ask, "Why do this?" I mean, a poem a day is hard in the best of months. And we all know that anything worthwhile takes time to develop. But I like the immediacy. I like setting aside an hour a day (some days 10 minutes) to write. There's a point where I surrender to the process and just write a bad poem--which sometimes turns out to be pretty good.

****

I don't use prompts for the challenge, but I always look in case I'm out of ideas.

****

Daylight Savings Time has been great for my family. Everybody goes to bed tired and wakes up refreshed, including me. Woo hoo!

****

Lots of community-based projects going on with Mass Poetry and the Mass Poetry Festival. None of which I can share, just know things are happening behind the scenes. It's exciting to watch the plans unfold.

****

To-do list

1. Get back on track with the PAD challenge
2. Send out two four publications
3. Revise two poems
4. Organize desk

****

Congrats to Joseph O. Legaspi for winning the inaugural David Blair Chapbook Prize for his second chapbook! Very cool.

Comments

Popular Posts