Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday folks. Share a bit of yourselves with us and we promise to do the same.

Once again, I'm starting my day at the Salem Athenaeum with J.D. Scrimgeour. I like writing here. It's comfortable and always nice when there's another writer or two in the room.

The sun pours in through the library's old drafty windows, and the bare trees sway with each gust.

****

PAD poems written: 17. Not bad for day 19. It helps to lower my standards.

****

This is my long day. While I am not teaching today, I will be out of the house until 10 p.m. Wish I could take a nap at some point because I'm getting over a slight cold and haven't slept much lately. I have a few meetings, lots of grading, and my writers' workshop in the evening. Even though I have 17 drafts, none of them are ready to show. Nothing worse than reading a draft you know is not ready to be presented.

****

Just ordered new books from Amazon:

Double Down, by John Heilemann and Mark Halperin
Dirty Love, by Andre Dubus III
The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles, by Steven Pressfield

I am a huge fan of Heilemann and Halperin and Game Change. Andre Dubus is coming to Salem State in March (and I'm curious to see how he writes about women). But The War of Art I'm not sure if I really need to read it; still, I want to have it on my shelf. Truth is, I have more books than I can read now, but I want them around for when I'm finally ready to read them. 

And, don't get me started on poetry ...

Comments

Popular Posts