Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, folks! Share a little of yourself and we promise to do the same.

(l-r, Michael Ansara, Laurin Macios, Jackie Malone)

Today I had a meeting at the Mass Poetry offices. We share the space with other MassCreative-affiliated organizations. The building itself used to be a helmet factory, and Laurin (pictured in purple) tells me this was the "spray room," where the helmets used to be painted.

The new office space is just a sign of how quickly things seem to be happening for our little org. Just a few years ago I was a volunteer doing my best to make sure the first festival in Salem was a good one. Now we are running in-school Student Days of Poetry and the larger SDOP, we're sponsoring events, hosting reading series, putting poetry on the T in Boston, and planning major fundraisers--in addition to this very special festival we produce. Now, we have an office. Wow. 

**** 

Twas the night before AWP 
and all through the land
all the writers were packing
double checking their plans.

The schedule was posted 
on the website with care
with hopes that the attendees
would come prepared.

****

I could go on, but I'm stalling. I need to get packing myself. 

The next 32 hours will be a mad scramble before I hop of a plane to Seattle for AWP! So looking forward to this trip. Unlike Boston last year, I'm not on any panels and I don't have an agenda. I'm just looking forward to the sessions, the hallway conversations, the poetry chit-chat, the never-ending bookfair--all of it.   
Will post pics from the left coast as soon as I can. See you on the flip side.

Comments

Popular Posts