Good morning, Dodge



This is a picture of my all-access Dodge pin. *smile*

****
Last night's Poetry Sampler was a buffet, if you will, of poets. And I feasted. On stage: Jan Beatty, Richard Blanco, Eavan Boland, Mark Doty, Rita Dove, Camille T. Dungy, Cathy Park Hong, Marie Howe, Yusef Komunyakaa, Rachel McKibbens, Anis Mojgani, Aja Monet, Sharon Olds, Alice Oswald, Robert Pinsky, James Richardson, Alberto Ríos, Patrick Rosal, Tracy K. Smith, Gary Snyder, Brian Turner, C. Dale Young, and Kevin Young. 

Each poet read about five minutes. Simply amazing. My heart was full.

****

I'm up early figuring out my schedule for a full day of poetry. The rain has moved out, for the most part.
Today, 4,500 high school students from across the state will be a part of a multitude of discussions on the art and craft of poetry. 

Some of the discussion topics:
Going Public with Private Feelings
Poets on Poetry
Present Imperfect: Poets on Poetry and Disability
Poetics of War: Writing the Militay Experience
From Homer to Hip Hop/Poetry and the Oral Tradition
Poetry and Performance
Saying the Unsayable

It's going to be a terrific day. How could it not be?  

****
Misery Islands should be in the Dodge bookstore this morning. I'm guessing the shipment was delayed due to weather. But I'm told copies will be here today. *big smile*

Comments

Popular Posts