Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, folks. Share a little of yourself with us and we promise to do the same.

For Mothers' Day, my mother bought me a camera. So I've been playing around with my new toy every day since. Unfortunately, I can't find the directions. I have no idea what to do besides point and shoot.

Here are some pictures of some geese. Or ducks. Geese. I'm not sure what they are.



















****

A few days ago I was speaking with a friend about our poetry careers. After a bit of a back and forth, my friend asked me, "What do you want?" And while I answered the question, I'm really not sure. It was a question about long-term goals, and while I have an answer, I really had to think about it. I know what I want long term, but what do I want at this mid-point in my career? What do I want for my writing?  I need to keep busy, keep progressing. Part of me thinks I've taken my eye off the ball.

****

It's hard to stay focused when the weather rises above 70 degrees.

****

Manuscript revisions are progressing. I'm hoping to finish up by June 15. My self-imposed deadline gives me a month to send it out to friends, and then work on the edits at Millay Colony. That's right! Mid-July, a small group of us will rent out Millay again to work on various projects. It will be heaven. I don't do well with nature (ticks, snakes), but I am looking forward to this.

****

Much of my free time has been spent at Alex's baseball games. The playoffs start this weekend. I'm excited for him now that his hitting is coming around. I love watching that kid play. He's so smart on the field.

Not to be outdone, Ella has been singing music from the Into the Woods soundtrack around the house, which is a step up from Pitch Perfect 2. I wonder if I have Broadway star in the making.

Comments

Popular Posts