Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday folks! Time for confessions.  


This is the last full week of school for my kids, so between end-of-school-year activities and little league baseball, we've been busy. 

****

Congrats to Alex and his teammates for making it to the city championship! They played their hearts and lost to a tough team. Couldn't ask for more than that. Alex starts all-stars soon so the second half of his season begins this week.

****

The warm weather has restored my soul. But like most New Engenders we're still traumatized from this past winter. Seriously, not a day goes by and I don't flashback to the mounds of snow on the sidewalks are curbs. Not. One. Day. Fortunately, late nights at the ballpark in shorts eating ice cream helps. 

****

Recently, I became poetry co-editor for Solstice: A Magazine of Diverse Voices. I'll be working with Ben Berman (who may be one of the nicest people I've ever met) and Lee Hope (also extremely nice), who's done a fabulous job steering the direction of this online magazine. Also, Solstice will produce an occasional print edition moving forward.  

It was a very cool opportunity I couldn't refuse.

****

Manuscript #3 is done! It's being reviewed by some of my closest poet friends. The plan is to get edits back by mid-July, and then continue to work on it at our Millay Colony retreat. It feels good to get this book together because this is some of my strongest writing. I'm happy with the title, mostly happy with the order--just feels good to call this group of poems complete, especially since I haven't been writing much at all these past few months. 










Comments

Popular Posts