Confession Tuesday

Happy Cinco de Mayo, mis amigos! Time to share your confessions with the blogosphere. You talk, we listen. Don't forget to stop by The Confessional and say hi to your fellow sinners.

****

Lately, I've been a bit of a social butterfly. I've had some opportunities to leave my comfy nest and visit with longtime friends and coworkers. I have a little guilt about doing so, but I'm trying to take more time for myself and to enjoy simple things. I've missed this part of my life for I'm enjoying reconnecting with those closest to me.

****

My two family to-do's for the summer: 1) Invite more people to the house, and 2) take lots of day trips with the kids.

****

Also, this summer, I will be quite the traveler, with short trips planned to NYC, DC, VA, PA, and GA. I'm saving my pennies to make it all happen. Travel is another one of those activities that I've put on the back burner, but not this year. I'm taking advantage of as many opportunities as possible, with much more poetry-related travel well into 2010!

(Note to self: must find funding sources for aggressive travel plans.)

****

Saw X-Men Origins: Wolverine over the weekend with my friend Suzie. I confess that she ruined my movie-going experience by laughing through the movie. No willing suspension of disbelief for her! Imagine your BFF laughing through Terms of Endearment or My Left Foot. So not cool.

I liked the movie but didn't love it. Coincidently, I went back to watch X-2 and 3 on Sunday, which made me really appreciate how well the series was constructed.

****

Last night, Ella broke a mirror. I told her that normally a broken mirror earns seven years of bad luck, but because she's 3 ½ and cute, I would commute her bad luck to time served.

****

Going to my poetry workshop tonight. After writing so many poems for April, it will be nice to pick one apart.

****

Happy Tuesday!

Comments

Deb said…
I *love* what you told Ella! Such a story.

Grant writing is in your future!

My confession is ¡Martes! w/ a happy Cinco de Maya to everyone.
Deb said…
Can I leave any more ¡marks!? Geeze.
January said…
Thanks Deb.

Popular Posts