Book Blogger Appreciation Week




I didn't know it was Book Blogger Appreciation Week (BBAW)--thanks Susan.

Well, the folks at BBAW have a meme. If you want to participate, consider yourself tagged.


You and Your Reading Habits


  1. Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack? No. Sometimes I have a cup of tea with lemon, however.
  2. Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of
    writing in books horrify you? That's horrifying! :)
  3. How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?
    Laying the book flat open? All of the above.
  4. Fiction, Non-fiction, or both? Poetry, of course! Then fiction and nonfiction.
  5. Hard copy or audiobooks? Hard copy but audio for my two-hour commute to and from work.
  6. Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point? I try to read to the end of chapters.
  7. If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away? Not always, but I try.
  8. What are you currently reading? Finishing Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. Next: Conquering Venus by Collin Kelley.
  9. What is the last book you bought? Just ordered The Gift: Creativity and the Artist in the Modern World by Lewis Hyde.
  10. Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time? I can read poetry and fiction at the same time, but I can't have two fiction/nonfiction books going at the same time.
  11. Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read? At night, after the kids have gone to bed. I also enjoy reading while traveling, airports especially.
  12. Do you prefer series books or stand alone books? Guess I read a lot of stand-alone books, but I like to read books by authors in sequence. Gives me a sense of how the writer's style changes through the years.
  13. Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over? Bird by Bird, by Anne Lamott
  14. How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?) By genre, then by color. That's the extent of my organization!

Comments

susan said…
Glad you joined! Loved reading your replies.

Happy reading.
Jessie Carty said…
i like what you said about reading while traveling. i also find that i read a lot when i am in airports or waiting for a car to be repaired and such. probably more than i do at home :)
January said…
It's rare that I have big blocks of time to read, so grabbing a book and sitting around is a real treat. In fact, I need to do more of that.

Popular Posts