Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, folks! Time to confess. Share your deepest, darkest secrets with us and I'm sure we can dig up some bones of our own. Don't forget to say hello to the folks doin' time in The Confessional.



I just love this postcard. Found it in a little British shop in Newburyport with my friend, Heidi. (Thanks Heid!)

It sums up exactly how my life has been these past few months, which begs the question, "Where's my crown?"

****

The kids spent the long weekend with their father, so I had oodles and oodles of time. It was fabulous! And while I'd much rather not have to divide the kids' time with their father, having a large block of time to myself was priceless.

What did I do over the weekend? I had lots of to do's that got done! One of which was a do-it-myself home project. My new-found thrift inspired me to repaint a chest of drawers to give to my daughter. It looks great--will post pics later. Also this weekend, I slept in, watched lots of U.S. Open tennis, saw friends, and cleaned house. It felt like I had my own little staycation!

****
Do-it-yourself projects rank next to mowing the lawn or taking a hike in the woods--just not my thing. But I took great satisfaction in finally doing this for my little girl.

****
Speaking of which, Alex and Ella start school tomorrow! My babies--*sniff* *sniff*--where has the time gone? Photos to come.

****

Thought I would have blogged and tweeted more this weekend, but I didn't; however, I am plodding through a new poem. Painful, but I hope to finish it up on Tuesday.

****

Next year, I plan to apply for a weeklong workshop at the Fine Arts Work Center in Provincetown. The kids will be older, so I won't feel so guilty to leave for longer stretches.

***

Do you think we do what we are, or we are what we do? I think we do what we are.

Comments

Collin Kelley said…
British resolve is something to admire. I say "carry on, then" all the time. Because you must.
Goodnight, Mom said…
Jana, sorry I did not get to talk to you this weekend. I'm so happy you had some "me" time! Sounds wonderful!!

I'm up in the confessional!

XOXOXOXO

Popular Posts