Confession Tuesday

Goodbye, October. Hello, November! And, Happy Tuesday! Share a little of yourself and we promise to do the same.








My trick-or-treaters. I can’t believe how big they're getting. Here are Alex and Ella waiting to hand out candy.

Despite the weekend snowstorm, the temperature was chilly but mild enough for trick or treating. Not much snow on the ground at all. In fact, it was a great night for some ghostly fun. There were more kids out and about that I’ve ever seen in our neighborhood. Lots of parents handing out hot cider and hot cocoa. Lots of good will in our neck of the woods. We had a great time!

****

And just like that, it’s November. Where the heck did the year go? I mean, I bought my first Christmas present yesterday. Yikes!

****

Because October was a busy month with readings, November will be a month for writing. If you haven’t done so already, pop on over to Robert Lee Brewer’s Poetic Asides blog and read up on his Poem a Day Chapbook Challenge. I use this challenge as a kickstart for getting into a groove. I will be writing poems and posting most of them online, but not producing a chapbook.

Of course, I have no idea what I will write today. And my writers' workshop is tonight so today I am a poet in search of a poem.

****

Planning for the Mass Poetry Festival is revving up. We’re in the process of confirming features and scheduling programming. Between those responsibilities and whatever I am tasked to do on the AWP Boston committee, this fall and winter promises to be a busy time. My goal, however, is to stay as balanced as possible.

****

My focus for November:
  • Wellness (eating right, sleeping, exercise)
  • Family (kids, kids, kids!)
  • Poetry.
****

With a few exceptions, I had a great October. Here’s hoping November moves just as smoothly.


Comments

Popular Posts