Confession Tuesday

Happy Confession Tuesday, folks! Thanks for stopping by. Share a little of yourself with us and we promise to do the same.

****

Day 8 of the November PAD Challenge and I have six drafts. Still haven't found that flow yet. The poems seem forced to me. Here's hoping I get into a poetry groove by this time next week.

I tend to write poems just before I go to bed so maybe tomorrow I'll change it up and use the morning to start a draft. I've been concerned that I wouldn't have time to revise since most of my poems are written on the fly. But I'll have time to look at them more closely this weekend. Once I do, I'll post a few.

****

And I know this is my process. The fretting. The hemming and hawing. This is the work on top of the work to control that inside voice. I just have to give into the process and not fight it. Easier said than done, however. I want to hit a home run every time.

****

I'm going to a weekend retreat in December.
Writing Your Way Home: A Poetry Weekend Intensive
St Marguerite’s Retreat House

With poets Laura Boss and Maria Mazziotti Gillan
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, December 9, 10, and 11, 2011
The purpose of this retreat is to give writers the space and time to focus totally on their own work in a serene and beautiful setting away from the pressures and distractions of daily life.

Writing weekend poets will find:
* support and encouragement
* stimulating activities leading to the creation of new work
* workshop leaders who are actively engaged in the writing life
* opportunities to read their work aloud to the group
* a circle of writer friends
* networking opportunities.

I went last year with some friends from my writers' group and we had a great time. It was just the boost I needed to get me focused and motivated heading into the new year.

Comments

Popular Posts