Confession Tuesday

Happy 2012! This is my year! I suspect it's your year, too. Share a little of yourself with us as we make our first confessions for Twenty-twelve!


The new me:



















This is me on New Year's Eve before our city's annual parade. It's part of our First Night celebration. The costumes are mostly made of paper mache and created by the woman standing behind me. It was a perfect night. No snow. Moderate temps. The events are geared toward families, so we saw lots of friends, neighbors, and classmates from Alex and Ella's school. I'm a Virginia girl at heart, but it's nights like this that makes me love living where I do.
















****

I love, love, love the idea of new beginnings. Maybe it's because the root of January is Janus, known as the Roman god of beginnings and endings.

Besides my poetry goals outlined in my PAP, I have a few other goals I'm working on for 2012.

Fitness: A healthy outlook plays so much into everything I do. Eating well, getting enough rest, and exercising are essential for my total well being. To help this along, I've signed up for yoga classes, which I hope to start near the end of the month.

Save Money: This is my line-in-the-sand year when it comes to this goal. I'm making moves that will help me save a decent emergency fund and secure my family's future. Gosh, Alex will be college age in 10 years--I'd like to be able to help both kids pay for a portion of it, while paying off my mortgage early. But short term, I need to get my spending in check.

Patience: As the kids get older, I am finding myself less patient with them. These are the people I care about most, so I need to remember that we're all doing the best we can and not put too much pressure on them to do more. I think yoga and working on my other goals will help with stress.

I have a lot of balls in the air to juggle. But I'm excited everything that's coming our way in 2012.

****
Change is in the air. That's all I can say for now.

****

January poems written: 0
2012 poems written: 0

Working on a new poem now.

Comments

Jennifer Jean said…
yoga's a great way to go! for body health, yes--but also for free verse writers to connect to your own unique breathing rhythms :)
I also love beginnings!

Also working on saving money/spending less & patience.

Always love reading your blog! Wishing you all the best in 2012!
Nin Andrews said…
I am looking forward to reading your new good news!

Happy New Year!
January said…
Happy New Year to you, too, Nin!

XO

Popular Posts