Monday, Monday

Week two into the New Year and I have yet to write my first poem. I did revise my first poem of 2011 yesterday. That's got to count for something, right?

The next two weeks are going to be hectic. Lots of Mass Poetry Festival responsibilities due this week, including reviewing program proposals. I’m looking forward to all of it, I’m just trying to not work into the wee hours of the night. This poet mom needs her sleep. And, I would like to find time to write my weekly poem.

I know. I know. I can always find 10 minutes in the day to write.

****

This past Saturday, I attended a lovely brunch thrown by Danielle Jones-Pruett for members of the Salem Writers Group. Poetry, friends, and food—what could be better! Thanks, Danielle.

****

The beautiful and talented Erin Dionne is one of three local authors featured in a Sunday Boston Globe article.

****

Congrats to Marilyn Nelson for receiving the 2012 Frost Medal from the Poetry Society of America. Also, congrats to Kwame Dawes for being named the 2012 recipient of the Barnes & Noble Writer for Writers Award by Poets & Writers. Woo hoo!

****

Elizabeth Alexander is now on Twitter! She’s created The Twitter Poetry Project. Throughout the year, she will be regularly writing and tweeting poems using the rules of Twitter as a poetic form or catalyst. Follow her at @ProfessorEA.

Comments

Popular Posts