Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, folks. Time to confess. Share a little of yourself with us and we promise to do the same.


Look at all this AWP swag! I unpacked it all this past Saturday. I've been so busy with Mass Poetry work that I haven't be able to enjoy it.

****

Snow day!

One day before spring, it's snowing outside and most of  Massachusetts is getting hit with another winter storm. I confess the kid in me hoped for a snow day. I needed one more day off before teaching, one more day to rest and catch up on my own projects.

****

I'm disappointed in myself for getting sucked into work during spring break week. I went overboard throwing myself into my work. I haven't been sleeping much. My hope is that my schedule goes back to normal in a few days. I'm really off track with everything in my personal life (exercise, healthy eating, sleep, writing), but I'm going to make more of an effort to take care of myself and not let the stress get to me.

****

My daughter says I have "too much trunk in my junk." Hmmm ...

****

One thing I have done this week is research my Juno project. I'm a little closer to putting pen to paper. In fact, I may use April and my poem-a-day challenge to get it started. I'd love to finish the month with at least 10 solid poems on Juno and the slave movement north of Boston. Every time I tell someone about the project, I feel like I'm refining my vision. The story is marinating. I just need to carve out some time to get it going.

****

Have you read Heron Tree? It is an online poetry serial. Sandy Longhorn is a co-editor. I like the site's clean look and the poetry is terrific. Check it out!

****

Lloyd Schwartz has been writing classical music reviews for the Boston Phoenix for 35 years. Because the Phoenix is closing, this is Lloyd's last review. *sigh* The end of an era.


Comments

Popular Posts