Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, folks. Time for your confessions ... it is Lent, after all.

****

Sunday I took my first day off from working in about 21 days. It was long overdue. Between Mass Poetry Festival prep and grading papers for classes, I have been working straight through the weekends. That’s what the job is during the time leading up to May 3. But I need to do more of that--take time for myself during this silly season.

Working so hard that I take time away from my family and stress myself out is not virtuous, just stupid.

****
I'm sitting in Starbucks for a few minutes before today's Mass Poetry Fest planning meeting. Then later tonight, I'll be in Cambridge for an author event. Tuesdays always seem to me my long days. And I hate sitting in Starbucks not working on my writing.

****

This week I hope to finish up the cover for Misery Islands (CavanKerry Press 2014). Haven't talked about it much but I'm in the process of getting the author info ready for the publisher. Just received my last back cover blurb, so I'm in good shape there.

****

Are you participating in the Big Poetry Giveaway?

****

Books in my to-read pile:

· Yona Harvey, Hemming the Water
· Paul Lisicky, Unbuilt Projects
· Afaa Michael Weaver, The Government of Nature
· Best American Poetry 2012

****

I love Justin Timberlake and The 20/20 Experience. There, I said it.

Comments

Popular Posts