SoundCloud

I've been fooling around with SoundCloud. The Poetry Foundation has created a Record-a-Poem group where you can listen and record favorite poems. So I spent the better part of an hour trying to record Cornelius Eady's poem "Gratitude." It took eight takes. Amazing how many noises and sounds can break your flow.



It's fun recording your favorite poem, and doing it so many times helped me figure out where to stress, where I was reading too quickly or not breaking in the right place, etc. I also recorded one of my poems, "How to Make a Crab Cake." Why not record one of my own? May put up a new poem later.

Here are two more up there I like by Jeannine Hall Gailey and dj-Renegade:




Comments

Thanks, January. Glad you are safe today. Thinking all good thoughts for Boston.
January said…
Thanks, Jeannine. And thanks for your poems on SoundCloud. So nice to hear your voice.

Popular Posts