Confession Tuesday

I confess, it feels good to confess on Tuesday!


Is there anything more depressing than this beach bucket in the snow?

Today it's near 60 degrees, but tomorrow another snowstorm is supposed to dump three to 85 inches. Well, that's a slight exaggeration. Maybe closer to 80 inches in the Northeast. 

**** 

This morning my son had two teeth extracted. Ugh. Poor thing. He's OK, I'm not.

****

Thursday I'm headed to Albany to read at the Frequency North series. Looking forward to visiting with Dan Nester's classes at The College of Saint Rose, and meeting Sean Thomas Dougherty. Here are the deets:

Poets January Gill O'Neil and Sean Thomas Dougherty
When: 7:30 p.m. Thursday
Where: The College of Saint Rose Events and Athletics Center (Standish Rooms, second floor), 420 Western Ave., Albany
Notes: This event is free and open to the public.
More information: www.frequencynorth.com

And, here's an article on me about in the Times Union online: "A Perspective of Her Own."

****

Since AWP, I've been FLAT-OUT. Mass Poetry is picking up. Much of my work has been working on the schedule website, which is a completely new platform for us. But I've also been working on getting poems on the T! For the first time, we will have poetry on the T. We're so excited! It's perfect for National Poetry Month. 

More to come.  

****

I'm also working to launch my next book, Misery Islands, in the fall (probably September) from CavanKerry Press. Right now we're working through cover art. It's so hard to get the right look and feel, but I do like this part. I revel in the challenge of figuring out how to bring this book to market. Time to put on the marketing cap. It's starting to feel real--finally. 

That also means I should think about my first love. Will Underlife get a second look? Hmmm.

****

That being said, I haven't done anything with manuscript #3 yet. And, I haven't written a new poem this month. I'm OK with that, sort of. I've written too many poems about snow this season. I think I'll hold off on writing anything significant until NaPoWriMo/PAD.

Comments

Popular Posts